Friday, September 26, 2014

S3M Diaspora Ends, Fantasy Effing Vietnam Begins

Finished up running 4th session of Diaspora Fate.  Some quick thoughts.


  • Confirmed, I don't really like "indie" cooperative story telling. I want to play (run) a game not a thespian circle jerk.
  • I much prefer FUDGE over Fate.  Fate adds aspects and forces the cooperative story telling aspects.  FUDGE by itself is nice rules lite, generic system featuring bell curve mechanics.
  • Games you don't like can still be fun given right group of people.  Inverse is also true.  Which is to say rules matter, but not as much as people.



By FFV I mean, of course, Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay. Fantasy Flights version which I picked up boxless and cheap from EBay and haven't touched since...



1 comment:

  1. "Thespian circle jerk", he! very "nice" said.

    And don't touch WFRP3, it gives you hairy palms...

    ReplyDelete

All Time Most Popular Posts